Skip to main content

15 Thoughts You Have While Apartment Hunting in Halifax


As I search for my third apartment in Halifax, I'm faced with the same thoughts I had last time I was apartment hunting. Halifax has everything - including lots of cool pads, but that doesn't mean there won't be a struggle to find the perfect one.

Here are 15 thoughts you'll probably have if you've ever searched for an apartment in Halifax:

  1. How far North is too far North?
  2. Maybe we could just move to Clayton park and save money?
  3. Nah I don't want to be that far away from Argyle Street.
  4. I think I came to a party here once.
  5. Nope, that street has mice.
  6. Is it better to be close to a grocery store or close to a coffee shop?
  7. Am I cool enough to live on Agricola though?
  8. I'm not. I'm not cool enough for this street.
  9. I don't want to be in the student ghetto though.
  10. Looking on every page on Kijiji and then considering craigslist, only to realize that Kijiji is where it's at.
  11. GOD DAMMIT THERE'S NO PARKING AT ANY OF THESE APARTMENTS.
  12. Maybe I could just get a bike?
  13. ha...Nope.
  14. Gottigen Street is trendy now and no longer sketchy, right?
  15. These Victorian houses are so charming!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Found in The Depths of the Internet

I work an office job. Luckily, that office job is in the marketing and promotions department, so I'm not constantly tied to my desk. BUT there are days that I spend, like, 6 hours in a row on my computer. Aside from poor posture, this also gives me the opportunity to search the web and waste time discovering cool things like recipes and home decor and new bands!!! Usually when I find a new thing  that I love, I annoy the crap out of my boyfriend or my iPhone group chat with details about said thing. So instead, why not plop them here? Here are 5 things that I've found while I should've been working: 1.  couchseats.com This website is kind of like Pinterest - but for music. You can totally get lost in a deep, deep hole of clicking and listening. If you're a music lover this is absolutely going to be your best friend. It features endless videos of live music from super well-known artists like Dave Grohl and Ed Sheeran, to more indie musicians like We Are Twin. You...

Ria Mae Album Review

Ria Mae is from the little-big city of Halifax, Nova Scotia and has had no problem packing venues - be it dive bars or concert halls - since her hit single, Clothes Off , hit the airwaves last year. Mae moved to Montreal in the winter in hopes of being inspired and courted by the city’s booming music scene. It looks like that’s exactly what happened as she released her self-titled album on June 3rd. While her sound is mostly pop, there are hints of alternative, hip-hop and even R&B that give her songs a sexy, Montreal-esque feel that has her fans dancing and sipping cocktails while jamming to her music. The new album features her two singles - Clothes Off and Gold - both with incredibly catchy beats and melodies. There’s so much sex appeal behind these tunes (especially Clothes, as you could’ve probably guessed) that it has probably become a regular in many club playlists. Many of the other songs on the album, though, have more of a pop feel which really showcase Mae’s voc...

What Re-Watching The Office Taught Me About Love at 27

When Michael Scott was making everyone cringe and giggle in 2005, I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention to show The Office . It wasn’t until I re-watched it at 27 years old that I realized how many lessons it was teaching me. This show is somehow constantly relevant. It’s been off-air for a couple of years, but the memes and Tweets about it are still constant. People are always re-binging it. That’s the sign of a great sitcom.   The comedy has taught me more about love - and all the different versions of love - than any other form of media in my life. While Pam and Jim are a big part of it, I even learned from Dunder Mifflin’s hilariously-inappropriate manager. But we’ll start with the obvious… 1. Friendship first Pam and Jim have a love story that started out as a friendship and there’s no better way to fall in love. Falling for someone who is honestly your best friend is scary, exciting and just downright weird. It comes with a lot of risks, but if it works, it’...